Here are some tips for designing a small modular kitchen:
Design of small modular kitchen
- Make use of vertical space: Install shelves and cabinets that go all the way up to the ceiling to make the most of the available space.
- Use light colors: Light colors make a space feel larger, so consider using light-colored cabinets and walls in your kitchen.
- Choose compact appliances: Look for appliances that are specifically designed for small spaces, such as slim refrigerators and compact stoves.
- Use open shelving: Open shelving can make a small kitchen feel more open and airy.
- Incorporate a kitchen island: A kitchen island can provide extra counter and storage space, and it can also serve as a breakfast bar or gathering spot.
- Keep it organized: Proper organization is key in a small kitchen, so make use of storage solutions like baskets, bins, and stackable containers to keep things tidy.
- Add a backsplash to design of small modular kitchen: A backsplash can add visual interest to a small kitchen and can also be a practical solution for protecting the walls from spills and splatters.
- Use multipurpose furniture: Look for furniture that serves multiple purposes, such as a table that can be used for dining and as additional prep space.
- Consider using transparent or reflective materials: Glass-front cabinets and mirrored backsplashes can help to make a small kitchen feel more open and spacious.
- Install a folding table or wall-mounted drop-leaf table: A folding table or drop-leaf table can be a great solution for small kitchens, as it can be folded down when not in use to save space.
- Use under-cabinet storage for design of small modular kitchen: Install baskets or bins under the cabinets to make use of the space and keep items within easy reach.
- Make use of nooks and crannies: Look for small areas of the kitchen that can be utilized for storage, such as the space under the stairs or the area above the refrigerator.
- Install a ceiling-mounted pot rack: A pot rack that is mounted to the ceiling can help to free up space in the cabinets and keep pots and pans within easy reach.
- Choose a small-scale lighting fixture: A small pendant light or a series of under-cabinet lights can help to save space and add a decorative touch to the kitchen.
- Use a rolling cart: A rolling cart can provide additional prep and storage space, and can be easily moved out of the way when not in use.
- Install a wall-mounted paper towel holder: A wall-mounted paper towel holder can help to save space on the counter.
- Use stackable bins for pantry items: Stackable bins can help to maximize space in the pantry and keep items organized.
- Consider using a compact dining table: A small dining table or a folding table can be a great solution for a small kitchen.
- Use magnetic strips or wall-mounted racks for knives and other metal tools: These storage solutions can help to keep the counter clutter-free.
- Install a hanging rack for pots and pans: A hanging rack can help to free up space in the cabinets and keep pots and pans within easy reach.
I hope these tips are helpful in designing your small modular kitchen!
Modular kitchen accessories
Modular kitchen accessories are items that are designed to be used in modular kitchens and can help to make your kitchen more functional and efficient. Some common modular kitchen accessories include:
- Pull-out baskets and trays: These can be used to store and organize items in the cabinets and make them easier to access.
- Spice racks and organizers: These can help to keep your spices organized and within easy reach.
- Corner shelves and organizers: These can help to make use of otherwise unused space in the corners of your kitchen.
- Pull-down shelves: These shelves can be mounted to the underside of cabinets and can be pulled down to provide additional storage and workspace.
- Lazy Susan: A Lazy Susan is a rotating tray that can be installed in a corner cabinet to make it easier to access items stored in the back.
- Under-shelf baskets: These baskets can be hung under shelves to provide additional storage space.
- Hanging pot and pan racks: These racks can be used to hang pots and pans and keep them within easy reach.
I hope these ideas are helpful in finding the right modular kitchen accessories for your home!
Use light colors, Make use of vertical space, Choose compact appliances, Use open shelving, Use multipurpose furniture and Make use of nooks and crannies
The cost of a small modular kitchen can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the size of the kitchen, the materials used, the appliances included, and the complexity of the design. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from around INR 200,000 to INR 500,000 for a small modular kitchen, with the exact cost depending on the specific features and finishes you choose. It is a good idea to get quotes from multiple vendors and to carefully consider your budget before making a final decision.
There are a number of online modular kitchen cost calculators that you can use to get an estimate of the cost of your kitchen. These calculators typically ask for information about the size of your kitchen, the materials you want to use, the appliances you need, and any other features or finishes you are considering. Based on this information, the calculator will provide an estimated cost for your modular kitchen. It is important to note that these estimates are only rough approximations and that the actual cost of your kitchen may vary based on a number of factors.
read more in blog posts